Wednesday, October 21, 2009

RESEARCH PAPER REFLECTION

Well, the first thing that crosses my mind when reflecting on doing my research paper is short and sweet! This does not mean that the length of my research paper is short, but it refers to the whole process including meeting with my supervisor.Initially, I thought doing research paper would be a troubling task which needs a lot of reading, researching and critical thinking. Perhaps, it would be a much more formal style of written work which requires lots of critics and reviews to support my points. However, after doing on my research paper, I find that actually it is a paper which requires us to combine all the skills we have learned throughout the course and come out with a written task. The skills include brainstorming skill, decision making skill to choose which texts to examine on, critical thinking skill to look deep into the texts to find the issue raised from the texts and also soft skill like speaking skill. This is especially important when we approach our supervisor and even sending masages to ask for the suitable time for meeting. Apart from that, research paper too causes me to go online and search books in the library more often. This no doubt has become a very good habit of mine.In short, I do enjoy throughout the process of doing this research paper. I do not only gain knowledge academically, but also communication skill with the supervisor and my group members. Lastly, I do hope that I can score well in this research paper and have more interest in doing research especially in literature. Thanks for my supervisor, Miss Dzeelfa who has helped and taught me a lot throughout this process.

No comments: