Tuesday, March 11, 2008

REVIEW ON THE MOVIE "STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE"

Before I complete my reading on the play of the Street Car Named Desire, I watched the movie Street Car Named Desire. The movie was more interesting compare to the other movies I watched. After watching the movie, I get to know about Victoria culture. The women can’t talk back of fight back to the men. As another word, it can be said that they were more to slave than wife. In this movie, Blanche was not happy with her sister’s an also her husband’s character. She was not happy with the sister because she was obeying the husband’s rule of life. Moreover, she was not happy with Stanley because he was controlling her sister’s life. In the ending part of this movie, Stella will leave Stanley. Actually, according to Victorian culture, the women suppose to be with the husband no matter what. The women have to be dependent on the man for everything. But in the movie it was the other way round. After I finished reading the play, I get to know that the ending part was different. In the play Stella will not believe Blanche and will go on leaving with Stanley, but in the movie in was the other way round. I was the opposite of the Victorian culture.

No comments: