Friday, March 21, 2008

Evalauting others

When evaluating others, I could evaluate myself too. Firstly, I evaluated the preparation of the activities for the learners’. At this stage, some was well prepared and some were not. By evaluating them, they have a chance to correct them themselves. In the other word they could identify their mistakes. There are good teachers’ according to my evaluation. Their preparation on the activities was good. The topic they choose was appropriate with the curriculum specification. Moreover, the worksheets were prepared in an accurate manner. Therefore there are teachers’ was quite nervous as the could not prepare their worksheet in an appropriate manner. When I evaluated the set induction, there are teachers’ has done a really good job. Seriously the activity stimulates the students’ interest. As a student I enjoyed the activity. And even the instruction was very clear and the teacher was able to connect the activity to the lesson. It was also more to student centered learning. As a student I understood that, what the teacher is teaching. But there are some teachers need to be improved in this set induction, even me too. At the next stage, which is pre reading, I get to know that some of the extract was in appropriate length. But therefore, there were some of the teachers’ grammar was not accurate. This was the one the comment I gave to the teacher, so she could improve her grammar. At the while-reading stage, most teachers’ task was related to the pre- reading task. Moreover, the teacher checks if the learners’ what was being thought. Lastly , I evaluated the language of the teachers’. Overall everyone was good.

No comments: